CALIFORNIA SURGEON MALPRACTICE LAW
When surgeons and/or staff fail to follow the procedures, they put patients’ lives at risk. Surgical patients place their lives in the hands of the surgical professionals, trusting them to follow accepted standards of care, but when they violate the trust, the patients have a right to demand a compensation. Preventable surgical errors continue to injure and kill patients, despite measures to reduce these medical errors.
Every surgery involves risks, and no surgeon can guarantee a positive result.
For example, a chiropractor may be liable if:
California medical malpractice statute of limitations is very complex and has many nooks and cracks. Generally speaking, a patient has a year (six months if you are suing a public entity) from the “date of injury” to sue the responsible person; this may be extended for an additional 90 days if the patient’s lawyer serves proper and timely notices.
- his treatment aggravated an injury;
- the treatment did not treat the injury;
- it was excessive force in the chiropractic manipulations;
- or such manipulations were continued after the patient requested the surgeon to stop.
Below, The Margarian Law Firm lawyers will introduce you the main elements of the California Surgeon Malpractice Law. In addition, we are ready to provide answers to your initial questions concerning California Personal Injury Law for free.
What is California Surgeon Malpractice?
There are accepted standards of care in operations that surgeons should follow. In case of failing to follow the standards a surgeon malpractice occurs resulting in injuries to the patient. If the doctor invades the scope of another practice (such as that of a medical doctor) he/she will be held to the level of care applicable to a practitioner in the field which he invaded.
What Are the Constitutive Elements of Surgeon Malpractice?
The most common examples of chiropractic malpractice are:
- Duty: You must show that a surgeon owed a duty to you. A doctor who agrees to treat you owes you a duty of reasonable care.
- Breach: To recover, you must show a violation of duty. This is usually done with help of other surgeons who testify about how reasonable surgeon would act.
- Causation: You must show that the violation of duty has caused you harm.
- Damages: You must have suffered some harm as a result of the violation of duty.
- Incorrect diagnostic tests,
- Removing healthy organs;
- Improper anesthesia,
- Allergic reactions to medication;
- Faulty or malfunctioning operating equipment or tools;
- Understaffing in the operating room which can lead to shortcuts and errors;
- Incompetency of attending professionals and hospital staff or simply performing the medical procedure incorrectly;
What Types of Medical Malpractice Cases Can The Margarian Law Firm Handle?
Obtaining Compensation if You Suffered a Surgeon Malpractice in California
Negligence is the legal doctrine that holds people responsible when their careless actions cause someone else to suffer harm. To decide what is reasonable under the circumstances, the court considers things like common practices in the standards established by the government. In fact, some of the cases of surgeon malpractice will involve intentional acts, like careless mistakes. Cases involving particularly blatant conduct may justify an award of punitive damages, meant not just to compensate, but to punish the offender. Compensation types available in chiropractic malpractice include:
At The Margarian Law Firm we understand all complexities of legal system and we have a positive record of obtained compensation for our clients. The amount of monetary compensation you deserve depends upon the case you were involved in. The Margarian Law Firm takes care of all issues related to your chiropractic to support your case. We will prepare all the required documents and will act as your advocate in all proceedings or hearings.
- mental anguish,
- medical expenses,
- physical suffering,
- punitive damages,
- loss of consortium damages and support for surviving relatives, if the victim passes away.
CONTACT US NOW
Please complete and submit the form to us. We will contact you promptly.
- Auto Dealer Fraud
- Bankruptcy Law
- Business Law
- CA Lemon Law
- CA lemon lawyer
- CA Personal Injury Law
- Consumer Class Action
- Corporate Law
- Criminal Law
- Education Law
- Employment Law
- Estate Planning
- Family Law
- General Articles
- Immigration Law
- Injury Law
- Intellectual Law
- Margarian Law News