Did you or your loved ones get injured because of the healthcare professional’s carelessness? Are you seeking someone who can assist you in getting justice for yourself or your loved one? In this case, you should consider hiring an experienced medical malpractice lawyer. If you want to find the best Los Angeles medical malpractice lawyer, you should go on reading this article.
Asking for recommendations
To begin with, you should ask your friends or family members for recommendations. Maybe, one of them has an experience of dealing with Los Angeles medical malpractice lawyer. Don’t hesitate to ask them if they were happy with the lawyer. Actually, this is a good start to finding a lawyer to rely on.
Checking different legal websites
You can have an access to various legal websites that can serve as an effective tool to find a knowledgeable Los Angeles medical malpractice lawyer. So, consider exploring lawyers.com, which is a worthy source to look for attorneys and checking their ratings.
Here are some instructions that can guide you to using this website in a proper manner.
The first step that you should take is going to the main page of the website. Then, don’t hesitate to type the keyword, in this case, it is ‘’medical malpractice’’ in the search box, as well as your city and state.
After this step, you can have a list of law firms. You had better explore the ratings of these law firms or lawyers. Actually, ratings range from ‘’1’’ to ‘’5’’, where ‘’5’’ is the highest score. Client ratings show whether the person was happy with the lawyer’s work. These ratings are mainly focused on the lawyer’s experience, professional qualities, etc. Finally, don’t forget to write down the lawyer’s number, whom you would like to call later.
You have the option of using other legal websites as well, including findlaw.com and nolo.com. There is a plenty of information concerning the law and lawyers here.
Using a search engine
In fact, it is a good idea to use an ordinary search engine to find the best Los Angeles medical malpractice lawyer. A search engine is a quite effective tool, which can be ‘’your best friend’’ in finding any information. Thus, what you need to do is simply typing the name of your city and country and then these words ‘’medical malpractice attorney.’’ Take your time to have a close look at the various attorneys’ websites and pay attention to every detail.
Contacting local bar associations
Another helpful source of information is your county’s bar association. So, if you give your preference to this option, don’t waste time and contact your local bar association. They can provide you with the list of medical malpractice attorneys. How to find the number of the local bar association? You can find it either online or in the telephone book.
Narrowing down the list
Have you already made a list of potential lawyers? Do you want to narrow down this list, but don’t know how? Well, don’t worry about this, you can find below certain tips to select the best candidate.
- Don’t be lazy and read thoroughly the entire information related to the lawyer’s biography and the law firm. Pay attention to their websites and read their blog articles (if they have a blog). Ask yourself whether you found the information on the website useful. Furthermore, the answer to the following question is also vital: Does the attorney specialize in medical malpractice?
- Is the attorney a member of any personal injury trial lawyers’ associations? One of such associations is the American Association of Trial Lawyers, known as ALTA. In this way, you can have a clear idea of the lawyer’s activeness or leadership skills.
- Don’t forget to explore lawyers’ reviews. In this case, you can have an access to the experience of the lawyers’ clients. You can find out whether they liked working with the lawyer. It’s an essential step to becoming aware of the lawyer’s reputation.
Interviewing the lawyer
Thus, you have already shortlisted the candidates. It’s time to make a list of appropriate questions to ask the lawyer. Here are some of them:
- What about your experience in handling medical malpractice cases?
- Do you have specialists in your team who are able to understand various complex medical records?
- Did you handle similar cases previously? (It’s worth noting that certain attorneys are representing a concrete type of injuries.)
- What kind of settlements did you obtain in similar cases?
- How long do such cases usually take?
- Are you going to represent me or another attorney will do it? Who is going to provide me with updates on a regular basis?
- Are you going to represent me on a contingent-fee basis? (It means that the malpractice lawyer won’t charge you any money if they don’t succeed in winning the case).
- Do you have malpractice insurance?
In conclusion, we hope that now you have all the necessary information to find the best Los Angeles medical malpractice lawyer. So, the attorney will explain you the medical law and represent you in court in a proper manner.