Tesla Model Y already has quality issues, according to InsideEVs. Starting with the early Model 3s, Tesla earned a reputation for questionable build quality. The expectation was that all these little issues would be solved, and flawless or near-flawless Model Y would be delivered to buyers. However, It appears that Tesla’s build quality is still problematic, as this video reveals.
The Model Y featured in the video is one of the first sold in the U.S., but still, some issues include:
- Condensation in the taillights
- Uneven panel gaps
- What appears to be an improperly attached seat back panel
- Window trim moldings misaligned
- Variable hood gaps
- Wheel trim moldings way out of alignment
- Tailgate sticks while raising up
- Non-working release for rear seat
- The rear seat won’t go back up without flattening a panel that is not properly attached
- Poor alignment of trim on the inside of the front door
Tesla will fix small issues with the Model Y free of charge, but it is not the best solution. Model Y needs to be examined thoroughly before being okayed for delivery. The point is that for $70,000, buyers must expect the best build quality, and that’s what they should receive. We suggest taking your time to inspect a Model Y before buying it.